Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Quality Time with the Grandchildren


"Quality Time with the Grandchildren"

Guest post written by Sidney Owens

Weekends spent with my grandsons are always full of fun and adventure and they are always treasured. I do not get to spend a lot of weekends with them because they live three hours from me. Recently I was at their house keeping them while my daughter and son-in-law were out of town. The boys have pretty active lives, involved in at least one sport at any given time during the year. They are all athletes. But they have their other interests too. All of them are more proficient with technology than their grandmother will ever be. They have iPods and iPads and a family computer and cell phones and they always have one or the other in their hands. And they watch direct tv too. But, while I may have watched cartoons or some other non-educational television when I was their age, they love Animal Planet and The Learning Channel and the History Channel and the Science Channel. So I can not fuss at them for too much television viewing when I am there. And what grandmother would fuss at their perfect grandchildren anyway?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...