Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My Puppy Catching Some Much Needed Rays


I titled this post as 'My Puppy...' but she's hardly a puppy. Button--her legal name--is about 8 years old now, but I always call her 'Puppy'.

We've had a pretty mild winter up to now. The last few days it's been up in the 40's and 50's. Today it's rainy, but yesterday was pretty sunny.  Dr. Oz has said it a million times and I know it's true. We all need our daily dose of vitamin D and one way to get that daily dose is to sit outside in the sun for about 15 minutes each day.

Sitting in the sun for 15 minutes is easy in the warm weather, but when it's cold out that won't work for me. So I take my daily dose of Vitamin D in the form of a pill. Simple.

My husband and I noticed something a few years ago and it always strikes me as interesting. Every time we have a sunny day Button automatically goes out onto the deck and sits in the sun. It happens every day in the summer...unless it's raining.

So any time it's sunny and she goes out and sits on the deck I call it her time to go out and 'catch some rays and get her daily dose of Vitamin D'. Maybe this is something that's instinctual for animals.


Or maybe I'm completely off my rocker and she just likes the sun! To be honest I don't even know if animals need vitamin D!

Most likely the real deal is that I'm just a nut case that thinks too much and Button is just a simple dog who likes to sit in the sun!

Okay...more on the way...until then,



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...