Friday, August 20, 2004

Who is 'A Painting Mom' anyways?

Why, I'm a mom who paints of course!

I'm also a wife, daughter, sister, friend and business owner!

I have always loved creating...whether it was drawing, painting or crafting of any kind. When I was a teenager I dreamed of someday creating my art and selling it. But unfortunately I didn't believe it would ever be possible to make a living as an artist so I took a different path in life and got a degree in business.

I got married in 1993 and by 1998 I had 3 children and was devoted to being a stay-at-home mom.

By the time my youngest child was a year old I decided it was time to go back to work. But the thought of chucking my kids off to daycare bothered me so I got on the internet and researched my dream idea of having a home business. I was completely overwhelmed with all of information on the subject. But I saw a common thread 'do what you love'.

So I went to work. I researched...I read...I learned about building a website and selling artwork on the net. Finally in January of 2001 I launched my first website, Images of Home, where I create custom house portraits in a pencil medium. Enjoying portrait work, but itching to create in another medium, I began working with acrylic paints and in 2004 I launched my second website, Creative Name Signs, where I create hand painted personalized room decor. Building a successfull online business took lots of time, hard work and dedication, but my perseverence has paid off greatly.

Then in January of 2009 I launched JMLArt, my Etsy website, where I sell decorative hand painted wall art and other decorative items.

I also blog about the ups and downs of being a business owner, my artwork, and occasionally I'll share a little bit about my family and being a mom in this crazy world. And I love to share inspirational quotes that I find along the way...something I started doing years ago. I also Twitter, and, almost obsessively, I surf the web to find places to advertise and business owners and artists with whom I can network.

So while I'm 'A Painting Mom' there's a whole lot more to me, too!

Thanks for checking out my blog!


***Note: In some instances I may receive advertising income from blog ads and links on my blog. But, no matter what, I always keep the information that I share relevant to my life and experiences.


Jane M. Loedding

1 comment:

Karen said...

lovely to meet you Jane - thanks for sharing your journey!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...