Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Still hanging in there...


...with my daily exercise. As I shared in a blog post from a few weeks ago my family now has a gym membership to our local health club.

I'm excited to say that I've lost about 3 pounds! I know that doesn't sound like much...especially if you are a fan of the TV show "The Biggest Loser" where the contestants lose 5 to 10 pounds a week...some people lose even more than that in a weeks time. But I've learned that the best and healthiest way to lose extra weight is to shed about 1-2 pounds a week. So from that perspective I'm on target.



My oldest son and my daughter go with me, but usually they can only go on the weekends because of their busy schedules. My routine is to go in the mornings after they head off to school. My youngest son hasn't been there yet, but he plays basketball and has practice everyday. So there's not much time left in each day for him to go, plus he's getting enough exercise running around for 2 hours a day. But once his schedule changes I'm sure he'll get there.

As for my husband...that's another story. I don't know why he doesn't go. He needs it for health reasons more than me. But whatever! I can't make him do anything...he has to make up his own mind to change his habits.

Meanwhile for me...I can't explain what it is that keeps me going to the gym everyday. I think I am just so committed to making sure I feel good each and every day. Over the holidays I took some much needed time off. I slept late every day. I ate like a pig and didn't do a smidge of any kind of exercise. And guess what...I felt like crap the whole time!

So that memory of feeling so lethargic and fat and unhappy with myself must have gotten etched in my memory because I'm really lovin' how I feel the past few weeks. I just hope I don't get bored or find other excuses and stop going.

I'll keep you posted on how things go. I hope like heck I can continue on this path. I really want to lose about 20 pounds, but honestly I'd be happy with a 10 pound weight loss at this stage! I guess only time will tell.

More sharing on the way...until then,





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...