Thursday, November 18, 2010

Prayables

I learned about an inspirational website this morning called Prayables and decided to share it with my readers. Prayables is a free online prayer community that offers women short prayers that reflect a woman's story.

I'm sure some of you have noticed that I've been very out of touch with my blog for the past few months. As many of my readers and friends know my mother's health has been failing over the past few years. Diagnosed with dementia secondary to Alzheimer's in March of 2009 my mom's daily care has been our main prioirty for quite awhile. Finally after lots of contemplation and prayer my siblings and I decided it was time for her to be placed in a facility where she could have 24 hour a day care and attention.

In mid-August we moved her to a wonderful assisted living facility, but she only lasted there for about a month. My mom may not have good mental health, but physically she's pretty tough. She's always loved walking and she just couldn't understand why she couldn't take a walk whenever she wanted without having to sign out at the front desk. I won't bore you with the whole story, but in a nutshell one day she took a walk and no one on the staff saw her leave. Once they realized she walked away they frantically tried to find her. Don't fret...she wasn't far. But she was far enough away for them to call us and tell us she HAD to be moved to the secured unit within the facility.

So in Septemeber we packed her up and moved her again. She has settled in and is doing fine. But some days when I go to visit her she tells me she doesn't like it there. I feel bad when she says that but then 5 minutes later she will tell me that she tried to call her mother the other day but she didn't answer. First of all my mother doesn't have a telephone. Secondly, her mother passed away back in 1956. So when she says things like this I feel comfortable knowing we made the right decision. Her clarity swings back and forth so quickly there's no way any of us could take care of her on our own.

Now to get back to the Prayables Website, I was looking around and saw that they had prayers that were written by other women that related to their daily life. These women share prayers relating to their struggles as well as their joys. The one that caught my eye was about a woman who went to visit her mother who suffers from Alzheimer's. I immediately teared up...I so-o-o get what she shared in her prayer.

This immediate connection prompted me to blog about this site and share it with my readers. In an instant I realized that no matter what your struggle you're bound to find a prayer or story shared by another woman who is dealing with a similar issue.

So dear readers, please go visit Prayables.

Read...

Pray...

And even share if you so choose. I have faith that you'll be as captivated as I was.

More on the way...until then,


Jane

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...