Sunday, January 02, 2011

Happy New Year! And more catching up...


Wow! Where to begin...

The last time I posted my life was pretty much as normal as it had been over the past few years. My mom was living in a nursing home due to Alzheimer's and I was trying to figure my life out since she was under constant care at the facility.

However, the Saturday after Thanksgiving my mom became very ill and passed away the following Sunday, December 5, 2010. While the time passed all too quickly during that incredibly horrible week I am choosing to look at it as a blessing. To see her suffer was awful, but she needed to go. I know she's at peace and for that I, in turn, feel peace.  But I miss her like crazy and there is a huge void in my life. But I know in time the pain will ease. I lost my dad back in 2002 so I know that everything will be okay.

I got my Daily Guru email this morning and this was in it...I thought it was fitting for my life...my mom is always with me...

"Everything you see has its roots in the unseen world.
The forms may change, yet the essence remains the same.
Every wonderful sight will vanish; every sweet word will fade,
But do not be disheartened,
The source they come from is eternal, growing,
Branching out, giving new life and new joy.
Why do you weep?
The source is within you
And this whole world is springing up from it."

-- Jelaluddin Rumi

This photo was taken in July of 2010. In the front row from left to right is my mom, my sister Lynne, my daughter Elena and me. Then in the back is my sister Carol and her daughter Lindsey. It was a gorgeous summer day! A very happy memory!



I'm blessed with a wonderful husband, three fantastic kids, brothers, sisters, friends and extended family to turn to for support. Plus I have a job that I love. So I'm sad, but I'm grateful for my blessings and I'm ready to move on and figure out my life now.

I plan to work really hard at getting back to my blog! I miss it and I'm ready share the little life lessons I experience. Plus I'm ready to find more awesome artists to showcase! I hope to be back soon with more...until then,


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...