Friday, June 19, 2009

Feature Friday - June 19, 2009

First of all I MUST apologize for not posting a feature last Friday. Everything was extremely hectic for me! It was the first week my kids were off from school...something I was nervous about to begin with. But it ended up that the cause of my stress wasn't the kids after all...it was the dog! She was a nutcase! Uppity all week long...nervous, panting, following me EVERYWHERE!! I was completely freaked trying to figure out what was going on with her. So dealing with that issue along with my already crazy, chaotic life just wiped me out and I didn't have any time to sit down and get my thoughts together.

But this week I have a great feature and I'm so excited to share it with you. I planned on featuring this wonderful artist a few weeks ago, but I had other artists lined up first so I had to hold off. Then finally last week her turn came. All settled and poised to learn more about her art I went to her site. I was admirng her creations and trying to decide which photos I wanted to use in my feature. But while at her website I got sidetracked. I was so intrigued with her work that I ended up shopping instead of researching and bought 2 pieces of artwork from her! I just got them in the mail yesterday and let me tell you...her work is lovely!!

You're wondering, 'Who's the artist Jane's raving about this week?'

Well...it's none other than...

DreamrKate
http://DreamrKate.etsy.com

A few weeks back I discovered Kate's work on Etsy. I immediately fell in love with her adorable porcelain houses...



They're so darn cute! Each one has it's own personality...simply adorable!

I saved her shop in my favorites and included a photo of one of her houses in a small blog feature I called 'Home Sweet Home Again'.

Along with her porcelain houses here are a few other items she's offering...colorful and whimsical...right up my alley!

Round Blue Pot



And I saw this piece with a dragonfly and thought it was pretty, too:

Fly Away Home


***I don't know why but I have this 'thing' for dragonflies...well I say I don't know why, but I have my theories...but that's another blog post for another day.***

And finally I want to share these...





So funky-lookin' with an 'outside-of-the-box' design! I liked them so much...

...I bought them! Aren't they so-o-o pretty and colorful?!?! I LOVE them both!!! The colors are fabulous and the designs are big and all over...just the way I like! Right now the blue one sits on my dining room table and the red one is on my desk. They look great and I'm so happy that I bought them!

I know if you were to take some time and click on over to DreamrKate's Etsy Shop you're bound to like her work as much as I do.

Oh...and a quick little side note...her prices are very reasonable, too! You can't beat that now can you???

Okay...I'm off to take my son to a friends house then it's back to work for me. Lots of orders to work on and others to wrap and get ready for shipping. A busy Friday for me and I'm looking forward to the weekend and some time off!

More fun things on the way...

Until then,


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...