Thursday, April 16, 2009

Today is going to be a great day!

The sun is here! Finally!!!

I am SO excited...the weather forecast for the next few days is sunny and 60's! This is good news for many reasons most of which are obvious. But most importantly I'm happy because my son's Little League Opening Day is on Saturday and it's supposed to be nice. Thank God! I've spent many opening days over the years sitting in the cold and dreary weather so it's a relief to know the day will be warm and sunny!

Hooray!

And here's a tool that I use (almost daily) and want to share. In the morning when you get up and get moving repeat this saying over and over to yourself...

"Today is going to be a great day. Today is going to be a great day. Today is going to be a great day..."

Keep saying it over and over...when you're in the shower, when you're drinking your first cup of coffee, driving to work...or whatever.

I used to say it to my kids on the way to school...I'd say "Hey! Guess what! Today's going to be a great day!" Of course they'd look at me like I was a nut, but I did it anyways. Hmmm...now that I think about it I haven't said it lately...I'll have to do it this morning. I know their reaction...especially the older two...the teenagers! Ugh! I'm sure they'll be some eyes rolling! But I don't care...I'm teaching them something useful and someday they'll appreciate it.

Back to the subject at hand...doing this simple little mental exercise honestly works. I learned about this years and years ago from a morning news show...way back when I was in high school. (Geez I'm getting old!) It sounded crazy at the time, but over the past 25 years I've used this tool often and it makes a difference.

How it works??? I don't really know. Maybe because of the power of positive thinking, 'The Secret', the law of attraction or whatever. Honestly 'how or why' it works doesn't matter to me...it just works.

So go ahead and try it...it's so simple and worth the few seconds to make your day better.

More coming soon,

Jane

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...