Friday, April 17, 2009

Paying it Forward...

I recently started selling my own original artwork on Etsy.

I'm very excited to say that today I had my first sale! I was so excited! As you know I've sold many, many things through my websites, Creative Name Signs and Images of Home for years now. But this sale at my Etsy shop, JMLArt was different...

...the artwork that I have listed on Etsy is all my own original designs. The work I sell at Creative Name Signs and Images of Home is most certainly original and all mine. :) BUT...everything I sell from those two sites is designed according to what the customer wants. They tell me the colors, the wording, the sizes, the themes, etc. The artwork that I have listed at JMLart are creations that I painted because it's what I wanted to paint...my own original designs and ideas.

So today was a happy day for me!!

Now that I made my first sale at Etsy I want to start paying it forward and help some budding artists get some exposure...here's what I plan to do...

I am going to start my own 'Feature Friday' posting. Every Friday I will post images and links to some of the new sellers shops at Etsy. I want to do this because Chocking On Static did the same thing for me last week. I was so grateful for the exposure! She found my shop by using a tool at Etsy called Pounce. Pounce is a tool that gives you an opportunity of viewing undiscovered shops--shops that haven't had a sale. Or you can view shops that just had a sale.

So I decided to check out this Pounce tool and I fell in love with it. There is so much talent out there...it's overwhelming!

What I'm going to do is visit the Pounce feature at Etsy throughout each week. I'll take note of the works of art that really catch my eye and then post an image and a link to their site.

Here are my picks for this week:


Praisin' Art



My Father's Daughter

Aren't they great!! And make sure to click the links that will take you to their shops...they both have loads of talent!

Okay...I'm going to look for more new talent and then post more next week on my own 'Feature Friday' posting!

Until then,

Jane

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...