Friday, April 03, 2009

So that's my Problem!

A few days ago I was sitting in the waiting room at my doctor's office killing time reading a magazine. I forget what magazine it was, but I remember the article subject pertained to getting rid of clutter...something I desperately need to do here at home. I love reading anything that relates to reducing clutter or watching TV segments that have helpful hints on the subject. Lately I've been making some headway, but it just seems to me...more than anything...I simply don't have the time. There's always something else more important that needs my attention!

Regardless...there was one sentence in this article that I loved...it was a light bulb moment for me...

"Creative people have a hard time making decisions because they see the possibility in everything."

Wow!!! That's me to a 'T'!!!

In looking around my work area I am amazed at how much sense that makes! I save papers, magazines, books, pieces of wood, paint bottles that are nearly empty, paint brushes...you name it and I'll find a reason why I should hold on to it. Here are some pictures of my work space...








Now as I said I've made some changes over the past few months. We had some work done on our house with the biggest part of the renovation being new windows. In order for them to install the windows I had to empty out my work space for a few days. It was frightening to go through all the stuff I accumulated over the years but it needed to be done. And it forced me to get rid of some things I was holding onto. Now it looks great! It's not nearly as cluttered as it was, but don't worry...I'm far from perfection! It still gets pretty messy! I'll post pictures of my updated, less cluttered and much brighter work space soon. It's rainy and cloudy today so I'll wait for a sunny day.

So while I am working on getting rid of clutter I just had to admit how freeing it was to finally understand 'WHY' I have these pack rat tendencies!!

Whew!! Now I can exhale...maybe I'm not quite as screwed up as I thought! LOL! More to come soon...

Jane

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...