Friday, April 03, 2009

My New Mantra...

...so much 'stuff' is going on...I have way too much on my proverbial 'plate'...things are always crazy and most days I feel like my life is a blur! Stress is just a fact of life.

But I am making changes...

Overall things are good...my marriage is good, my kids are good and while business has definitely slowed, for that I am grateful. When I'm overwhelmed with orders I get disorganized--even more than normal--and everything gets out of whack. With fewer orders coming in I've been able to regroup and get a chance to get my act together...well get it together somewhat!

Along with just being plain busy running (2) businesses, keeping up with 3 kids, keeping the marriage strong and in tact, taking care of our house, the dog and the cat, my mom's health has slowly begun to decline. There's no running from it or pretending that everything is fine. The reality is that she NEEDS us to take care of her. That's just how it is. And I won't complain...she's been there for us all these years. Now it's our turn to take care of her.

So with all of this sitting in front of me staring me in the face and not going away I've made a decision. I've decided that in order to keep my sanity the time has come to shed my social mask. You known what I'm talking about...the same mask that so many people wear...especially moms. The mask that hides our reality and makes it look like we have it all AND can keep it all together at the same time. Well I just can't fake it anymore. That mask is off! I can't keep juggling everything and keep my sanity. Once in awhile I am going to 'drop the ball' and fall apart.

A few months ago I came across this quote and fell in love with it. I printed it out and had it sitting in my work area. Along the way I'm sure it got tossed or lost in the clutter. Then a few days ago I came across it again and now I know that in order to save my sanity I have to live by it...

"Be who you are and say what you feel
Because those who mind don't matter
And those who matter don't mind."

~ Dr. Seuss


It's going to take time to completely adopt this attitude because I've been pretending for so long, but I just can't fake it anymore. The social mask is coming off and here's the real me!

I certainly hope you stick with me once you find out who I really am...just like everyone else...I'm a big old mess! LOL!

I'll post more soon,

Jane

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...