Sunday, February 08, 2009

CPSIA Information - Part 1

What is the CPSIA?

The Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) was passed by Congress in August of 2008.

To briefly explain what the law entails...

The CPSIA mandates third party testing of all goods for children under the age of 12 and requires manufacturers to permanently label each item. While fairly easy for large, multinational companies to comply with, small businesses will likely be driven out of business by the costs.

If you are not familiar with the CPSIA law, CLICK HERE...you will be directed to my website where you can read the uncondensed version of the issue at hand as presented by the Handmade Toy Alliance.

I plan to breakdown the issues of this law in a variety of posts. It's very important to me that my readers and/or customers understand the need to get this law amended. I'll be posting more information shortly detailing how this law will affect my business and many other small business owners like myself.

Until then,

Jane

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...