Friday, January 27, 2012

Sharing...

I've been very slow at getting back into the swing of things regarding my life and my work in the new year. I'm trying to figure out what my problem is, but I think it's just the season. I think I'm suffering from S.A.D. or Seasonal Affective Disorder and I'm trying to get my positive side in gear and hopefully pull myself out of this rut. If the stinking sun would shine it would help. But there's no use complaining about that. So I've been trudging through my days and I'm focusing on the handful of orders I have to get processed. Slowly I'm getting them finished.

Meanwhile, I just wrapped up a couple of cute ones to be shipped out today and I just wanted to share them...I thought they turned out well...and they lifted my spirits a bit...

Elijah is a custom size sign that measures 32" long x 12" wide. I worked with the customer to come up with the theme and design...it was so fun to paint all the different critters.


The lo-o-o-ong neck giraffe growth chart was custom designed and personalized for a little girl named Cecelia. I love, love, love painting giraffes!




I just don't know what it is...in general I love to paint. But I absolutely LOVE to paint animals more than anything. I've developed my own little signature design for a variety of them and I just can't seem to get enough of painting them. Giraffes, frogs, elephants, turtles and fish are among my favorites, but I really enjoy painting just about any animal. I even had someone request a gazelle to be painted on a name sign! I had to find a picture of one, but I think it turned out pretty well.








Okay...just thought I'd share a few pictures of my work with you today...more to come soon...until then,




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...