Monday, December 05, 2011

One Year Ago Today...


...my sweet and loving mom passed away. I've been thinking about her constantly the past few weeks knowing that this sad anniversary was approaching. I feel sad, but I'm also grateful beyond words that I had such a kind and loving mother. I hope and pray that I can set a good example for my children the same way she did for my siblings and me.


I just finished reading a really good book called 'For One More Day' by Mitch Albom. It's a beautiful story about a man who is at the very end of his rope and he gets the chance to see his mom for one more day even though she passed away 8 years earlier.

In reading that story I couldn't help but think of my mom and dad. I'd love to see them again even if it was only for one second if I could. But as the story unfolds you see how your loved are still with you...always and forever. I know my parents are with me in my heart and they live on in my memories. I will always treasure the beautiful years I had with them.


More to come...until then,

1 comment:

Linda Lewis at Creative Artworks! said...

Beautiful post, Jane. My heart goes out to you, but it sounds like you definitely have your head on straight. I'm trying to send strength your way. May you feel your parents' presence in your heart more and more each year. I KNOW you're being a wonderful mom to your kids. I hope they let you know how much they appreciate you from time to time. :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...