Tuesday, November 01, 2011

"The Beautiful Home"

  
   A few months ago my daughter and I went to our local flea market and bought a very old book called 'Mother, Home and Heaven'.


   This book was published back in 1883 and it's filled with poems, stories, prayers and more. It sits on the side table in our living room and every so often I pick it up and I always find something inspirational inside the brittle and yellowing pages.

   This morning I picked this book up and decided that I was going to randomly go with the first selection I saw in the book and then hopefully I'd be able to blog about it. This is a scan of the first selection I found:


   I found this selection of writing simply amazing. While it was written more than a century ago by Oliver Wendell Holmes the point of the writing is still so fitting in our world today.

   More fun to share soon...until then,


 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...