Friday, October 28, 2011

Nursing Scrubs Aren't So Scrubby Anymore!

  
   We've spent quite a bit of time at the hospital over the past year. My mom was in and out of the hospital a few times before she passed away. And my mother-in-law has been in and out of the hospital quite a bit lately. Thankfully, she is doing well now. One thing I couldn't help but notice was the variety of scrubs that the nursing staff was wearing. Many of them had some really cute patterns on their scrub uniforms. I even saw a doctor wearing a scrub hat that was pink with little pink ribbons in the fabric pattern. ..no doubt it was for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

   Recently I was relaxing and surfing the net preparing to get some holiday gift ideas lined up. My sister is a nurse and she is one of those people who has everything. What the heck do I get her??? Well, as I was looking for gift ideas for her I came across this website - http://www.blueskyscrubs.com - and was very impressed with their selection. The patterns they offer on their scrub uniforms ranged from the typical plain colors to some that were bright and fun. I also liked was their variety of scrub hat collections as well as the fabric patterns you can choose from. And the one thing I LOVED...they had beautiful jewelry for sale! I'm a freak for jewelry and for a moment or two I wished I would have studied nursing!

   After visiting the site I couldn't help but think about how the world of nursing uniforms has changed. My mom was a nurse for 30 years and when I was very young I recall the boring standard white uniform that she wore for years. Then when I was a bit older she changed her position from being a floor nurse to being a surgical nurse. After that position change she wore scrubs every day but she had to wear the ones provided by the hospital.

   Yes, times have changed in more ways than I could ever count. But it occurs to me that if you work in a hospital (or doctor's office) instead of wearing a boring scrub uniform now-a-days you can change things up a bit and try to make your wardrobe a little more interesting!

   Okay...more thoughts on the way...until then,








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...