Thursday, April 07, 2011

Only Positive Thinking...


I tried something new this morning...I got the idea from this blog:

http://www.alteredpages.blogspot.com

It looked like fun so I thought I'd give it a try...


A few years ago I bought a really old falling apart geography book at a flea market. This old book has been sitting in my garage and for some reason I finally decided to pull it out last week. It's been sitting in my work area waiting for me to use it for something. Then this morning I found this blog, saw what they were doing and thought I'd give it a whirl...

The story behind this altered page...

This past week or so I've been helping my 15 year old daughter cope with anxiety. I hate to say it but she's inherited this awful curse from me. My sister has the same issue as did my mom. So here we are...now it's my daughter's turn. My heart breaks for her...she's only 15! I didn't have my first anxiety/panic attack until I was well into my 20's. But it's such a different world now. So we've been spending lots of time talking and the one thing I stress more than anything is the power of positive thinking.

Well, this subject must have been sitting in the front of my subconscious mind because as soon as I started looking for words that resonated within me I chose all positive words...

...the image is hard to read, so here's a list of what I circled:

rich
valuable
thrive
pearls
great
excellent
high rank
important
ranks high



...hence the name of my page...Only Positive Thinking!

This was a fun exercise and I recommend that you try it! It's relaxing and a good way to start your day. :D

More fun on the way...



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...