Saturday, July 31, 2010

O Sister, Where Art Thou?

Whew! I've been completely MIA the last few months! I can't believe it's been so long since my last blog post!

SO much going on in my family life...I'll fill you all in soon. Right now we are in the midst of putting my mom into assisted living. It's a very sad time in our lives but we know it will be the best thing for her once she gets settled and begins her new routine.

Needless to say, we've been on an emotional roller coaster. My daughter was watching the movie 'In Her Shoes' and I heard this poem at the end:

"I carry your heart with me
I carry it in my heart
I am never without it

Anywhere I go, you go, my dear
And whatever is done by only me,
is your doing, my darling

I fear no fate, for you are my fate, my sweet
I want no world
For beautiful, you are my world... my true

Here is the deepest secret no one knows
Here is the root of the root
And the bud of the bud

And the sky of the sky of a tree called life
Which grows higher than the soul can hope
Or mine can hide

It's the wonder that's keeping the stars apart
I carry your heart
I carry it in my heart"

~ EE. Cummings


I started to cry immediately. The meaning of this poem runs deeply within me. My dad passed away in May of 2002 and, although it took a few years, I learned that he will always be with me...he lives on in my heart. Because he's in my heart I get to see him and talk to him in my dreams.

I pray that I never stop dreaming.

And because I learned this lesson...that you never completely lose someone you love...I know the same will happen with my mom. I will always carry her in my heart.

More summer stories to share soon...until then,


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...