Thursday, May 20, 2010

A great parenting quote...

I was watching one of my favorite shows the other night, Parenthood. There was a fabulous line in the show that, as a parent, I **completely appreciated**...

"Sometimes being the perfect parent isn't worth the blood on the floor."

Wow! Is that great or what?!?! I so-o-o-o GOT it! In my opinion it's right up there with one of my other favorite sayings 'Pick your battles'.

And I'll be honest with you...I heard that quote 'pick your battles' many, many times over the years but never quite understood it. That is until my sweet, adorable, loving children grew into teenagers! Then finally...and quite suddenly...it clicked. I had an 'Aha moment'!

If you're a parent of teens then you'll know exactly what I'm talking about!

Okay...I have to wrap things up here. I have to take my mom to the doctor soon. Hope to have more fun to share...until then,


2 comments:

TLC Inspirations said...

Love that show and that line stood out to me too. Could it be that if you have a 14 year old, you zero in on any piece of advice, no matter how small or brief? lol...and, "pick your battles" is one I pull from often and have found myself quoting TO my teenager. If arguing were an Olympic sport, my girl would have the GOLD.

Jane Loedding, Artist & Owner said...

LOL! I am in the same boat as you! My oldest son is 15 (almost 16), daughter is 14 and youngest son is 11. There is constant bickering at my house, but the people involved in the bickering changes minute by minute! Everything is super crazy and some days I want to run away. But I als try to remind myself to savor it! Can't believe how fast the years have flown by...my oldest is talking college and I get very weepy at the thought...where has the time gone??? Wishing you peace! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...