Tuesday, April 06, 2010

A wonderful little book about prayer...

I want...I need...to share this lovely little book about prayer...

'This Little Prayer of Mine' by Anthony DeStefano.

"With engaging rhymes and beautiful illustrations, This Little Prayer of Mine assures children that God is always near--watching, listening and eager to respond to their requests."



Yes, this is a book for children but I quickly learned this morning that it will surely help adults, too. It certainly helped me!

As my readers know I've had a few life altering and eventful months...taking care of my ailing mother has been overwhelming to say the least. But also in early March my sister-in-law passed away very suddenly and her death ripped a huge hole in my entire family's life. We are all still reeling from the shock and worrying like crazy about my brother and his young son.

Another issue for me...along with so many others...is this economy! We all know many businesses have been in the dumper for quite some time. My business has definitely slowed and I know that many of my readers are small business owners and can certainly relate.

Then along with all of these aforementioned life issues I have 3 kids with very busy schedules. My youngest son is playing Little League and my teenagers...my daughter and oldest son...are on the middle school and high school track teams. My calendar is completely filled for the month of April and we're only into the first week! Some days I feel like I'm in the middle of a nightmare!

So the last few days and weeks I have felt very overwhelmed and confused about my life. I've been in that self-pitying 'why me' mode for some time now and I know I need to get my act together and snap out of it. But when I try to take a moment to sit in the silence there is so much going on in my head that it's a struggle to let go of the craziness running through my mind.

Then finally this morning I made it a priority to start pulling myself back together. I decided that I would pick up this darling book and work at getting the positivity back in my life. To get the process moving I put the t.v. on mute, sat down in my comfy chair and read this gem of a book in the beautiful silence. Within a few minutes I felt my attitude starting to shift. My energy changed and started flowing in a direction I so desperately needed. I loved the whole book but this is my favorite line...it is so fitting for my recent state of mind...

"Whenever I feel all mixed up, unsure of what to do, please show me what the right path is and help me follow you."

My eyes immediately filled with tears. That is exactly how I've felt lately...'all mixed up and not sure what to make of the madness in my life'!

There are so many other parts of the book that apply to my life even now as a full blown adult!

Using a sweet and rhythmic style, Anthony DeStefano relays his message in a way that children will understand. He parallels his little prayer to everyday situations that are relatable to children as well as adults. His delicate manner of writing will help any child to see that he or she can call on God anytime they may need His love. He also includes the importance of offering sincere thanks for all the blessings life has to offer.

This adorable book is sweet and not 'preachy' in any sense of the word. The illustrations are gorgeous...the colors are fabulous...the message is perfect for children and grown-ups alike! What else can you ask for?!?!

I teach CCD and this coming Sunday is my last class for the year. I am having a small party for my kids and I plan to read this book to them. Every week it's my mission to do my best to plant tiny seeds of faith into the minds of these children. I'm confident this book will help me to end the year on a loving and appropriate note.

Please click this link...it will take you to Anthonly DeStefano's web page where you can read more and see a variety of other well know people who also endorse this lovely book:

http://www.anthonydestefano.com/landing/blogs/Jan2010.htm

Or if you just want to buy it now click this link...it will take you to Amazon where you can purchase the book immediately:

http://www.amazon.com/This-Little-Prayer-Anthony-DeStefano/dp/0307458040/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1264516732&sr=8-1

It absolutely darling and I'm confident you'll fall in love with it just like I did!

More cute and fun stuff on the way...until then,


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...