Friday, February 05, 2010

It's a Jungle Out There!

In looking over photos of my recent work I noticed a variety of 'In the Jungle' themes. Painting animals used to make me nervous...and at times I still get anxious. But for the most part I have my own little design for each animal.

Here's a personalized plaque that I had fun designing. I love the color combination and the wording with the little sleeping lion was something I've never done before.



Then a customer ordered this 'jungle animal' themed wall plaque...



...and also requested a hand painted knob to match...here's a close-up image:




I'll admit when I first saw their order and they wanted animals on the knob I thought 'No way!'...there won't be any room! But I managed to fit a couple on it anyways.

This is one of my all time favorite jungle or safari themed plaques...



This plaque was painted for an adult and the customer requested that it be designed in a more mature style. Again...I was a bit nervous to create it, but once I got started it just flowed.

Although my work can be overwhelming and it's challenging to work from home I still love what I do. I wouldn't change a thing if I had a choice! I'm thankful everyday for the way things have worked out for me!

I'll be sharing more soon...until then,


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...