Friday, October 16, 2009

Have to share...

If you recall earlier today I was being a bit whiny...okay...VERY whiny...and complaining about everything under the sun. But my attempts to focus on the positive worked. Let me explain...

It always seems that my day goes pretty smoothly then about 2 or 3 o'clock in the afternoon all hell breaks loose. Today was one of those days. But I have to admit that my hard work at holding onto positive thoughts worked in my favor. I had a scenario with a customer that could have been a disaster resulting in a lost sale...a lost BIG sale. But in the end it all worked out and that customer was a sweet heart.

Then I had tons of errands to run and finally got home to enjoy our fundraiser spaghetti dinners...which were really good and worth the donation. I had a nice dinner with my husband, children, mom, mother-in-law and sister. After dinner everyone went home, my husband and boys went to the high school football game and I was at home with my daughter...staying warm. I knocked out 2 orders and decided to call it a night.

I was chillin' out, checking my email and looking over my website statistics to learn how and from where my website visitors might be finding me. I happened to notice I had a handful of visitors from a site I never heard of. I clicked on it to see and it was from Rate My Room at HGTV. In trying to find the customer who apparently had a link or something to my site I found this little girls room on display and saw one of my signs displayed!!! Talk about excited:

http://www.roomzaar.com/rate-my-space/Girls-Rooms/Maggies-Bedroom/detail.esi?oid=8203636

Here's the custom size sign she ordered from me:




I remember this customer. She was great and sent me swatches of the fabric for her daughter's room so I could match the colors better. It's so thrilling to know that the hard work I put in everyday is appreciated!

And speaking of working with a customer...I saw this photo when I was adding the one above and decided...what the heck...I'll share this one too! Perhaps the saying on it is appropriate for my day...dreams come true. I had a dream this morning of getting out of this slump and...well...here I am...sharing some positive news.

Anyways, I always thought this sign turned out well. And it was another situation where a customer had an idea, explained to me what she was looking for, requested a sketch, shared photos...the whole works. And this is how it turned out:



Okay...I'm done for the night...I just had to share! Thanks for listening to me whine earlier today...as you can see focusing on finding the positive really can make a difference!

More on the way...until then,


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...