Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Change is Possible

I read this today in my Daily Worth email..."Change is Possible".

In relation to the book 'The Secret' (see my note about this book below) I have been saying for the past few years that, financially speaking, I don't want much...I just want to be able to keep us afloat. I want to be able to pay our bills. Well...guess what? That's exactly what I'm doing. With my business I am making enough money to pay our bills and keep us afloat.

But you know what??? I want more than that!! However...(and you can blame it on my Catholic guilt)...I have an issue with wanting more. I fear that I will be projecting a vibe of GREED out into the universe. I am not a greedy person. I am utterly grateful for my place in life...I have a wonderful husband, 3 beautiful, healthy kids, a loving extended family, a nice home in a nice neighborhood, a successful home-based business and so much more. So, if that's the case, then why would I think that what I have isn't enough???

But I get it now...it's not GREEDY to want more. I don't want more so I can go out and spend frivolously, be irresponsible and get out of control with adding more 'things' to my life. I want more so I can be SANE. I want to put money into my savings and see it grow. I want to know that if one of our vehicles breaks down we can pay for it and not sweat because we have to pay for it with a credit card. I want to know that when the gas bills go up really high in the cold winter months I won't have to panic when I see our savings go down. And there's more...so much more...but I won't continue to bore you.

So...I am changing the thoughts that I am putting out into the universe...I am replacing my old thoughts and I will continually put this thought out there...

"I want to live a financially sane life. I want to meet the baseline that I require to live a financially sane life—I not only want to cover our expenses, but I also want to sock away savings and to meet my personal goals."

This will be my new mantra...change is possible.

Do you get where I'm coming from??? If so join me and let me know if you notice any changes occurring.

I'm excited to hear what you have to share...until then,





***Regarding the book 'The Secret'...I have practiced positive thinking for many years...probably since high school. I just didn't realize it was a big 'Secret'. I practiced little things like telling myself every morning that I was going to have a good day. Or if something in my life wasn't going well for me I would tell myself 'you deserve better'. And then things would get better for me. So I'm not a newbie when it comes to this big 'Secret'...it's something I've worked on most of my adult life. But...that's another post for another day.***

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...