Thursday, September 03, 2009

OMG! Where has the summer gone?!?!

Wow! I decided to take some time off since my kids were out of school on summer break. But when I made that decision I didn't realize how long I'd be gone! I got so caught up in the day-to-day activities of having 3 kids underfoot that I was out of commission longer than I planned!

We had a nice summer. All Star games ended in mid July and then it was a wonderful break from schedules...just lazy summer days for us to enjoy.

The first week in August my sister and brother-in-law went on vacation and at the last minute they invited our kids to join them. Since the kids were gone for a week my husband and I decided to take time away, too. It seems like we returned and then 'back-to-school' mode kicked in. Now here we are...the beginning of September, the kids are in school once again and I finally have a moment to regroup and focus on my business!

Now that I have time to get back to my sweet little online reality I wanted to share this sweet and wonderful quote...I love it...

“We live in a world of theophanies. Holiness comes wrapped in the ordinary. There
are burning bushes all around you. Every tree is full of angels. Hidden beauty is
waiting in every crumb. Life wants to lead you from crumbs to angels, but this can
happen only if you are willing to unwrap the ordinary by staying with it long enough
to harvest its treasure.”


-- Macrina Wiederkehr


I hope you enjoy it! I plan to be back in full working order very soon!

Until then,


1 comment:

TLC Inspirations said...

I have to agree with you...the summer, literally, just flew right by. We had an amazing summer, but I guess I expected to get some relaxation in somewhere, lol. We went to California, had LOTS of family visits, some beach time, fairs, BBQs/Camping, then it all came down to school shopping and now, it's pretty much gone. Oh, well...I guess our summers are usually jam-packed full of stuff. I don't know why I'm always so shocked when September gets here :P

Rachel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...