Thursday, May 22, 2008

Drawing-A-Day...

There are loads of websites out there that encourage participation in daily drawings and daily paintings. However...as most Moms understand...I'm overwhelmed...DAILY...so the drawings just can't happen every day.

But I try! I make it a point to fit some time in at the end of each day and it seems that my daily drawing is becoming more of a habit. I look to my drawings as my chance for some quiet time. I sip my wine, I relax and draw whatever comes to mind. **I love it!!**

One site I found focused on trying to draw very simple things...items that you might not normally consider to be the subject of a drawing. So one day a few weeks ago I came up with this...



'What the heck is it?' you wonder. Well, I found a yummy sounding recipe and decided to make it one day...

Brownie Muffins from a neat-o website called Hungry Girl

First of all...they have the word 'Brownie' in the name so that was pretty much all the incentive I needed. Plus...the added benefit of it being an incredibly easy recipe...well...when it comes to cooking 'simple' is my mantra (I hate to cook)...so simple recipes are right up my alley.

They were very good and I'll be making them again.

But I also thought they looked interesting...I must have messed up somewhere along the way because the muffins weren't smooth on the tops...they were more rough and jagged...but I didn't care. They tasted good anyways! Since they looked out of the ordinary I decided to draw them.

And one extra benefit...I didn't tell my kids that they were a healthy recipe...I just told them they were Brownie Muffins and they loved them! They still don't know the truth!

I'll be back soon with more...

Jane

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...