Monday, February 27, 2006

Savor the small stuff

I got up this morning as I do every morning at about 5:30 a.m. At this hour in the winter season it's always dark outside...dark and cold. I feel secure because I am in my nice warm cozy house, but it's a bit depressing to always look through my window into the darkness and know it's freezing out there.

However, this morning I noticed something. After finishing my morning coffee, checking my email and reading the headline news I headed for the shower. As I passed by my kitchen window I looked out and noticed it was already light outside! It was about 6:45 a.m. and it was already light outside!! I was so excited! That means that spring is almost here! That means warm weather! I CAN'T WAIT!

A trivial matter to most...Yes! Especially to those who live in the warmer climates. But for those of us who live where the winters get cold this is a big deal! I was ready to celebrate! I'm ready to celebrate spring's arrival! I am so-o-o ready for the warm weather!

Oh, I know this really isn't a big deal. But in my little quiet celebration I was reminded of how important it is to pay attention to the small stuff. We need to celebrate and savor every little moment that we feel joy! Most of our days are spent dealing with some really heavy and depressing matters. If we savor the small stuff it helps when dealing with the big stuff.

My quiet celebration made the beginning of my day brighter which in turn changed my outlook for the rest of the day.

So remember to savor every little happy moment! It really will make a difference!

Just another thought I wanted to share!
Have a great day!
Jane

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...