Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Gluttony - Illustration Friday

Hello!

It's been quite awhile since I posted to my blog. I was extremely busy filling orders during the fall and the holiday season. I thought I'd get a break after the holidays, but I'm still busy! Yahoo! (Tired…but happy!)

I truly love what I do. My work is customized for each customer and while it can be fun, it also limits my choices as to what I'd like to create. I came across this site, Illustration Friday, last week and I thought it would be a great opportunity for me to keep my own creative ideas flowing while I create other peoples ideas. I'm really excited about it...it'll be fun! I KNOW my work doesn’t even begin to compare to the many other artists who post their creations, but I HAVE to give it a try.

This weeks topic is "Gluttony". My first thought was to draw someone overeating, but I decided to do a little bit of research to find out more about Gluttony. I just had this feeling that it was not just about eating and drinking too much. Well, I did end up learning something...Gluttony is not just about eating too much. It's about too much of anything that brings you pleasure…food, drink, love, lust, gossip, etc.

I chose to share what I learned about the subject. I know it's not much, but as I said, I HAVE to try! Hopefully in time, I'll become more creative!



Also if you follow this link - Gluttony - and scroll down the page you will find some good news about Gluttony...it can be cured! I found this fact comforting!

Meanwhile, here’s another little quote I found and want to share…

“When I stand before God at the end of my life,
I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say,
‘I used everything you gave me.’ ”

-Erma Bombeck

Have a great day!

Jane

1 comment:

slow poke kate said...

Wow, this is extrememly powerful.

Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Island Girl

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...