Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Interesting Rock Festival Statistics

Have you ever attended a rock festival? I've never been to one but I've heard about them my entire life. Who, like me at the ripe old age of 47, hasn't heard of 'Woodstock'?? I'm the youngest of 5 kids so this infamous rock festival was something I learned about years ago.

Then several years ago I was a fan of the hit TV show on MTV 'The Ozbournes'. Watching that I learned about 'Ozzfest' which is a music festival for heavy metal fans.

Here's a very interesting graphic detailing the statistics and demographics of rock festivals.

Music Festivals Infographic
Infographic Provided by EquipSupply

I have to say that I can't help but scratch my head and wonder why people go to these events. They're obviously for the young...or at least the young at heart! I know I'm getting old, but have no desire to go and plant myself in a sea of strangers! Talk about claustrophobia and germophobia! I'd be freaking out in a matter of minutes!

And also in reading this graphic I'm flabbergasted at the ticket prices! If I wasn't panicking about the millions of people and germs surrounding me I'd certainly be freaking out over the cost just to walk through the gates! And I can't imagine the cost of any food or drinks once you get inside. The companies that provide the event supplies and concession machines must salivate at the idea of being part of these festivals. I'm sure they rake in the bucks at such events!

I don't want to be a downer. I was young once and went to concerts all the time. These festivals are similar to concerts...they just last longer...days longer. I'm sure those who attend these events have a great time and have lots of fun. But I think in my old age I've become too prudent and uptight! Rock festivals aren't created for an old and frugal mama like me!

Regardless if you'd ever attend any kind of rock festival I did find the graphic very informative!

Okay...more fun and interesting information coming soon...until then,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...