Sunday, January 29, 2012

Bizzarro weather today!


Just this morning I wrote a post about SAD and included a photo of our backyard today compared to last year at the same time. We had tons of snow last winter and this year we've had very little.

Lo and behold, after a mostly sunny day the clouds got very dark around 4:00 p.m. and it became very windy. A few minutes later I looked outside and it was almost a whiteout...snowing like crazy. It looked so bad I even sent a quick text to my husband who is working that he needs to be careful on his drive home...I wasn't even sure if he realized the weather had changed. Then literally 15 minutes later I looked out the window and saw the sun shining again.

I thought, "What the heck is going on?!?!" It was so strange but beautiful at the same time. The sun was shining and reflecting brightly off the top half of the snow covered trees while the bottom half of the trees and everything else was gray and dismal! I took a few pictures to share...


  
  
  

I guess it's not entirely 'bizzarro' as I titled my post, but this has been such a strange winter for us here in PA. As I said in my post from this morning I'm much rather have it be muddy rather than snowy. But I have to say that the snow can be so beautiful at times!

Okay...more to come soon...until then,



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...