Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Poconos Family Resorts

For those of you who may not be familiar with Pennsylvania let me tell you that our state is rich in culture and filled with surprises. We have big cities, such as Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, but we also have a variety of quaint small towns tucked all over the state. We have beautiful mountain areas, lush forests, sandy beaches along Lake Erie as well as historic battlefields in Gettysburg.

But one place in PA that is well known to many is the Pocono Mountain area. Nestled in the northeastern corner of Pennsylvania the Pocono Mountains have always had a great reputation for skiing. And, as I recall, it was considered a beautiful and secluded spot for honeymooners. ;D


Meanwhile, as I spent the past several years of my life in my own little world on the opposite end of the state, the Pocono area grew--greatly. Much more so than I ever realized. A family friend spent most of her summer as a nurse at children's camp in the Pocono region. It was through her that I learned how this area has changed and grown. The Poconos area now offers a large variety of family attractions as well skiing. I was completely surprised at how much there is to do!

And if you've ever tossed the idea of a little family get-away to the Northeast then you must consider the Great Wolf Lodge as it is one of the leading Poconos family resorts.The Great Wolf has a fabulous water park which was designed with every age in mind...from very small children to teens to grandparents! My kids would love it!

Beyond the water park the Great Wolf also offers great dining options plus some great retail therapy--Shopping! (My favorite!) They also have a spa for adults and even a spa for kids. How cool is that?? My daughter would be in heaven! Then for the health conscious visitors they also have a fitness center. You can work off those extra calories that you take in at their fine restaurants.

Plus the entire Poconos area has a variety of other attractions. As I mentioned earlier they offer skiing, as well as snow boarding and snow tubing in the winter. Then in the warmer months you can take in the incredible natural beauty of eight different waterfalls in the area. You can go canoeing, kayaking, biking and horseback riding. And for the golf enthusiasts they also have gorgeous golf courses! There is also a wild animal park nearby which is fun for every age. Or if you love history, you can visit a living history farm. Plus they have a local theatre which presents some very popular shows. Goodness! There is so much to do and the options never end!

Okay, I need to close for now. But I have to say that sharing all of this information has seriously got me yearning for a vacation! I need to talk to my husband about planning a trip to one of the top Poconos family resorts this winter! We have a little time off after the holiday season so maybe...just maybe...we can plan a get-away!

Okay...more interesting topics in store...until then,





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...