Thursday, November 17, 2011

New Years Eve Party & Noisemakers

Every year on December 31st we bring in the new year with our close family friends, Tom and Sue. We go over to their house and they invite a boat load of other friends as well. We always have a great time. I love it!

Meanwhile, it's still only November, but Sue called me the other day talking about New Years Eve. Yes!! Good Lord! She wants to start planning now...way ahead of time. ("Wow!", I thought. "She's really ahead of time...I'm still trying to figure out Thanksgiving Dinner!")



Meanwhile, as we talked she got excited and started thinking about the food she was going to serve, the decorations and what not. Sue is super creative and in the past she has had parties over the Thanksgiving holiday where she invites all of her other 'Mom' friends and we get together and make fun holiday decorations. However, as a mom of four who works full time Sue has little time now-a-days for any extra 'fun time'. So she decided that rather than having her usual Thanksgiving get together with the 'Moms' this year she is planning on just buying some party supplies and noisemakers this year.
 
We have a local party supply store that is filled to the brim with lots of goodies. Well...it's sort of local. It's about 15-20 miles away. So as she contemplated the idea of driving over there she said, "Do I really want to take the time (and spend the gas money) to drive there? Hmmm...not really." She works in the complete other direction about 20 miles away so when will she have the time?? As Sue worried out loud, I...being the online shopping fiend that I am...encouraged her to shop online. I told her I was sure she could easily find a variety of fun noisemakers and other party supplies.

After we talked for a few minutes Sue decided that she would most likely do her shopping online due to her time constraints.

We'll see what she comes up with. I know that, no matter what she chooses, we will have a great time. It's always the best way to bring in the New Year!

Okay...I need to get moving on my painting...holiday orders are my priority these day!

More fun on the way...until then,

.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...