Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I got the...


...new Kindle Fire and I love it!




I like to read at night before I fall asleep and ever since the first version of the Kindle came out I really wanted one. But they were pricey and I couldn't justify spending the money on it. So, like many, I waited it out.

Then last week while Black Friday shopping I broke down and bought the Kindle Fire. I'm still learning how to use it but so far I am really enjoying it. I bought my first book for .99 cents! I've been buying book for years...usually from Amazon. I'd buy the used books which were pretty inexpensive. I literally bought a couple that were only a a few cents but you still have to pay for shipping so in the end I was still spending  more than I will using the Kindle.

And my kids love it, too. They've downloaded a handful of apps and they check Facebook all the time. As a matter of fact two of my kids are playing a word game on it as we speak.

So if you're like me and thought about buying one for a while I say, "Go for it!"

Okay...I've been super busy the past few days working on getting holiday orders completed and ready for shipping and I'm tired! I'm going to get ready for bed then grab my Kindle Fire and go relax and read for awhile. I hope you're having a great week!

More on the way...until then,


2 comments:

Linda Lewis at Creative Artworks! said...

Hi, Jane. Congrats on getting the Kindle Fire. I'm glad you're enjoying it. My husband got a plain Kindle recently. He still wants to be able to transfer the Kindle downloads to his computer, so he's not completely satisfied. I read my first book on his Kindle and was hooked, so have one coming to me as I type. I envy your getting the one with color and all the bells and whistles. ENJOY!

Jane Loedding, Artist & Owner said...

I wanted the basic Kindle ever since it came out. I'm so glad I waited. I love my Kindle Fire! I don't have a smart phone and it does almost as much except you can't make phone calls. That's fine with me. I don't use my cell all that much. I only like having it to text my kids...it's an easy way to keep track of them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...