Saturday, March 19, 2011

Illustration Friday - "CULTIVATE"


In trying to come up with my illustration for Illustration Friday my first image was of someone tilling the soil. But that seemed typical and I wanted to stretch outside the box a bit. So I looked up the definition of cultivate...

cul·ti·vate (klt-vt)
tr.v. cul·ti·vat·ed, cul·ti·vat·ing, cul·ti·vates

1. a. To improve and prepare (land), as by plowing or fertilizing, for raising crops; till.
    b. To loosen or dig soil around (growing plants).
2. To grow or tend (a plant or crop).
3. To promote the growth of (a biological culture).
4. To nurture; foster. See Synonyms at nurture.
5. To form and refine, as by education.
6. To seek the acquaintance or goodwill of; make friends with.


For some reason definition #4 stood out to me..to nurture; to foster. Maybe it's because I'm a mother??? So I contemplated these words...

...and this is what I saw in my mind's eye...



I just feel that the hands of God play a huge role in trying to raise my kids. So from God's hands to my heart I nurture or 'Cultivate' my children into (hopefully...prayerfully) great human beings with compassionate hearts.

Just sharin' my vision...

More on the way...


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...