Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Listening to music...


...really helps heal the soul.

Perhaps your heart is feeling heavy...maybe you woke up with a crabby attitude... or maybe there's negative energy eating at in your soul at any given moment. If this type of mood is looming around you consider putting on some good music.

This morning I was feeling down missing my mom. Plus I was miserable because of a yucky winter cold I've had lingering the past few days. So I decided to get my daughter's iPod and listen to a couple of Mumford and Sons songs. Some of my favorites are...

"The Cave" and "After the Storm"

Their music is awesome...it's sort of an English Folk Rock style and it really helped pull me out of my morning funk.

As I listened to them I created this painting and called it 'Here Comes the Sun'...


Some of my favorite lines from 'The Cave':

"I will hold on hope...

I will find strength in pain...

I will know my name when it's called again..."

Their songs help heal my sad heart when I miss my mom...which is always...everyday...

And they helped me perk up this morning when I was feeling crappy because of this stupid cold!

More on the way...until then,


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...