Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Recent work...some paisley...and more...

Just sharin'...

I painted this design for a growth chart order for a customer. I never did a paisley pattern before so I just got a few images of some paisley fabrics and came up with my own little version.


I can't explain why but I was somewhat mesmerized by the creative energy that came out of me the day I painted this design. It was as if I was possessed and *HAD* to get it done. I just couldn't put down my paint brush and walk away. It was time consuming, but I enjoyed every minute of it.

I hope the customer liked it...I never heard from them either way. But I've learned over the years to hold onto this thought...

"No news is good news!"

So I'll just assume they were happy with it!

I'm having some fun tonight looking over the photos of the things I created over this past holiday season. I'm always so busy going from one order to the next from November through mid-December and I really don't get a chance to enjoy some of the things I create. Here's a photo of my work area...

orders piled high...
prepped wood pieces waiting their turn to be cast into something new...



...yes...this is my life! Every day I get paid to create, paint and draw. It's something I've always dreamed about. And I love it...most of the time!

More fun on the way...until then,


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...