Thursday, April 15, 2010

HOPE...

What a sweet sight!



Last night I went over to my mom's house for 'my shift' in taking care of her. I was pulling her bedroom drapes over so I could close her window and I spotted this darling bird's nest! The eggs are such a brilliant shade of blue...I couldn't take my eyes off of them. Sorry to say that the picture doesn't really do the color justice. With the window screen between me and the nest I couldn't get a clearer shot. And I certainly don't want to disturb the nest.

My mom has lived in that house for almost 50 years and I can honestly say that I don't think there's ever been a bird's nest outside that window. I can't help but think that maybe the nest is our sign of 'HOPE' for the future...it's a tiny little message reminding us that 'life goes on'.

With my mom declining slowly but surely we all feel a huge sense of loss. But these sweet little eggs gave me a great sense of joy and peace. I saw them and realized we'll have joy and happiness again. The vessel from which this message came to me might be something teeny, tiny, but it still holds the same meaning.

I'll try to remember to take my camera back to her house once they hatch...how sweet it would be to see the baby birds!

More goodies to come...until then,


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...