Friday, January 22, 2010

Overcoming Obstacles

Just came across this wonderful quote about overcoming obstacles...

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.

Wow! I can certainly appreciate that right about now! With all the stress I'm feeling in dealing with caring for my mom I am trying to focus on the fact that I am strong. I know that I'll get through this a better, stronger and wiser person.

The other day Oprah was talking about the fact that everyone has problems. She expanded on the subject and shared something that Camille Cosby said when talking about her son Ennis' death...Mrs. Cosby said, "Sooner or later everyone has to walk through the fire."

EVERYONE has some problem at some point in his or her life. And if you are fortunate enough to admit that you haven't had any real struggles then guess what...appreciate your blessings! But at the same time brace yourself! Someday...maybe sooner...maybe later...you'll get a great big pile of doo-doo dropped right smack dab into your lap. I promise! Just remember to pray for the grace to get through with your sanity in tact once you reach the end of the struggle.

Okay...that's the end of my little lecture!

But hey...wasn't that a great quote?!?! I loved it!

More to come...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...