Monday, May 25, 2009

Journaling??

Do you keep a journal? I journal sporadically and enjoy it, but the fascination for it seems to wear off and then I stop...usually for a long while.

Lately I've been in the 'stop' mode and my sketchbook/journal has been collecting dust on my bedside table. Every so often I see it sitting there and I get the urge to try it out again. But then that thought conveniently passes.

Then I saw this tweet tonight on Twitter...

"Keeping a daily 'feelings' journal is one of the simplest tools for enlightenment. Just ask 'what am I feeling now'?

As soon as I read that I thought perhaps I should start it up again. Since I finished the book I've been reading last night this might be a good time to get back on that wagon. I always like to wait a few days after I finish a book before I start another one...I don't know why I do that. I guess the emotion tied up in the book I just finished has to 'wear off' or something.

So maybe tonight I'll dust off the old journal and try this exercise.

I'll let you know how it goes...

Until then,


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...