Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Winter Wonderland Art

As the holiday season fast approaches I decided I should share some of my holiday and winter themed art pieces. A few of the items I am displaying here have been sold, but I will gladly recreate any design. They won't be exact, but they will be close to the original.

Here is one of my smaller winter themed pieces...this little
Winter Wonderland wood burning was burned and then painted.

Many of you may remember burning pieces of wood in art class at school. Or perhaps your parents bought you a wood burning kit when you were younger...I know I had one! This is the same type of tool. The only difference for me now is I played around with it long enough to find my own style. I like using the straight line bit, but I also figured out how to use some of the other bits. I like to add some shadowing to the wood burning designs I create so the flat tool bits help me add dimension to my pieces.

Here's a good example of one of my wood burnings that has lots of shadowing...

And finally...these are my favorites!! All of these Woodland Animal Wood Burnings have been sold but I will gladly recreate any one of them for you...

I hope you enjoyed these simple wood burned designs. I love creating them! More sharing to come soon...until then,





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...